Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Own Charley Harper

For our third anniversary on Sunday, my boyfriend Chad surprised me with a beautiful tulip and rose bouquet. He also completed a honey-do, which is always a great gift, and hung some art that we acquired (and laid about, waiting for me to find the perfect spot). Chad gets a gold star! So, I finally have Flamingo A Go-Go on my wall! I am a proud owner of a Charley Harper print- and it couldn't be more my style. I wrote a post last week on the artist and the exhibition at The Public Trust. Well, I went to the show, and came home with a new piece of art. And in case you weren't sure from the title, my particular print does indeed feature pink flamingos! I guess you could say I was inspired by Coco+Kelley's post on the subject. Here it is on our dining room wall:


Also, we have an artist in the family, photographer Shawn Hannon. He gave us one of his photos stretched onto canvas. I think he needs to take his hobby to the next step! It hangs next to the Charley Harper, separated by a window. I like that they are so different from each other:


No comments:

Post a Comment